Give your friends the opportunity to ‘Like’ a Facebook Page that you administer
Do you administer Facebook Pages? Facebook Pages you’ve either created or become an administrator of? Then you have the ability to recommend your administered Facebook Pages to your friends!
I’ve been asked how to do this many times. I’ve decided to make a proper set of instructions and refer to this when I am next asked.
How to invite friends to your Facebook Page
- Visit the Facebook homepage. Click on the ‘facebook’ logo on the top left of the screen.
- Visit the Facebook Page that you administrate. I do this via the drop-down arrow on the top right. Then under ‘Use Facebook as:’ click on the Facebook Page you are about to recommend. If you administer many Facebook Pages you may need to scroll the mouse wheel over that list to see them all.
- Open the ‘Admin Panel’. Click the ‘Admin Panel’ button on the top right above the timeline graph if the ‘Admin Panel’ is not already open. The ‘Admin Panel’ has sections labelled ‘Notifications’, ‘Messages’, ‘New Likes’, ‘Insights’ and ‘Page Tips’ and sits on the very top of your Facebook Page.
- View your Facebook Page as your Profile (and not as the Page). With the ‘Admin Panel’ open, select the ‘Manage’ menu and choose ‘Use Facebook as (your Profile name)’. This switches you from seeing Facebook as your Page to seeing Facebook as your Profile. Note: If it says ‘Use Facebook as (your Page name)’ then leave this step; you are already viewing the Page as your Profile.
- Invite Friends to your Page. With the ‘Admin Panel’ open, select the ‘Build Audience’ menu and select ‘Invite Friends’. If you don’t see ‘Invite Friends’ then you are still viewing the Facebook Page as the Page – read ‘View your Facebook Page as your Profile (and not as the Page).
- Choose your friends. A dialogue box appears called ‘Suggest (Page name) to friends’. Tick people who you like to invite to the Facebook Page. Some people you may not be able to tick (you have invited them already, they are a fan already). Use the drop down on the top left of the dialogue box to filter the list of people. Refinements can be made for Recent Interactions, Search All Friends, by friends Locations, by Facebook Groups, by your friends list, Selected friends you ticked already.
- Submit your recommendation. Once you finalised your selection, click the ‘Submit’ button on the bottom right of the dialogue box. You receive a notification that your recommendation has been sent.
That’s it! You have successfully recommended Facebook Pages you administer to your friends!
Please read the following if you don’t see ‘Invite Friends’.
Not having ‘Invite Friends’ tells me that you are viewing your Page as the Page itself and not as your own personal Profile.
Pages do not have friends, therefore ‘Invite Friends’ is not available when viewing the Page as the Page itself.
Personal Profiles do have friends, and ‘Invite Friends’ does become an option when viewing your Page as your own personal Profile.
Step 4 is the one required to change viewing your Page from Page to Profile in order to see ‘Invite Friends’.
Reference: How can people suggest my Page to their friends?
Help spread the word!
If you find this information valuable and of assistance
- please ‘like’ this page so that you may benefit with further updates, news and information.
- please ‘like’ and ‘share’ this article so that others may benefit.